Deprecated: Non-static method LcitView::fetchData() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/organicg/public_html/app/controllers/RecipesController.php on line 171
Deprecated: Non-static method LcitView::dumpData() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/organicg/public_html/app/controllers/RecipesController.php on line 173
Chick Pea Burger
- 400g Kym's Homegrown Organic Chick Peas soaked
- zest 1 Organic Lemon, plus Juice 1/2
- small bunch Organic Coriander, Chopped
- 1 Egg
- 100g fresh GF Breadcrumbs
- 1 medium Organic Red Onion , 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced
- 1 tbsp Organic Olive Oil
- 4 small GF buns
- 1 large Organic Tomato, sliced, 1/2 cucumber, sliced and Chilli Sauce, to serve
- In a food processor, whizz the chickpeas, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin, half the coriander, the egg and some seasoning. Scrape into a bowl and mix with 80g of the breadcrumbs and the diced onions. Form 4 burgers, press remaining breadcrumbs onto both sides and chill for at least 10 mins.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot. Fry the burgers for 4 mins each side, keeping the heat on medium so they don't burn. To serve, slice each bun and fill with a slice of tomato, a burger, a few red onion slices, some cucumber slices, a dollop of chilli sauce and the remaining coriander.